[Babel-users] Babeld dirty routing table

Gioacchino Mazzurco gio at eigenlab.org
Thu Dec 13 20:41:15 UTC 2012

On 12/13/12 21:34, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
>> Babeld 1.3.4 is dirtying routing table on our servers we can see the
>> same destination as reacheable and unreacheable too
>
> I've seen that happen when two babeld processes are running at the same
> time.  Normally, /var/log/babeld.pid protects against that, but it could
> happen if you manually remove that file or if you use the "-I" flag to
> babeld.
>
> Could you please check if you've got two instances running?
>
> -- Juliusz

Just one babeld running

after a while dirty routes disappeared, it didn't seems deterministic
how the problem appear, but heavy packets loss seems improve probability
of problem

zefiro ~ # ps ax | grep babel
17623 ?        Ss     1:56 /usr/sbin/babeld -D -I /var/run/babeld.pid -k
1000 -p 6696 -c /etc/babeld/babeld.conf
32203 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep --colour=auto babel