[Babel-users] RFC: Babel packet authentication

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 01:29:59 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 5:33 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.jussieu.fr> wrote:
>>> Will this be going int the babeld mainline branch
>>
>> I see no reasons (technical or legal) why it couldn't.  However, I'm
>> badly overloaded right now, and security is pretty far from my research
>> interests, so unless you're volunteering, don't hold your breath.
>>
>> (I personally think that fixing the issues with the Quagga version is
>> much more urgent, but to each his own.)

I imagine the ipv4/interface change issue still exists?

> pokes Dave.......... :P you or me ?? whos got the bandwidth ???

Before juliusz's review I'd already slammed denis's patchset into
ceropackages, and I'd planned to test it this past weekend.
(unfortunately my weekend got eaten by other problems)

It sounds like a portion of that patchset will be reverted and I'll
have to respin.

but:

if people out there want to try what looks to be an excellent, huge, advance
on the state of the art of secure mesh routing,
the current code can be built for openwrt by pulling in quagga from
the ceropackages repo on github.

I'll respin the patch set in ceropackages as soon as denis is done,
and regroup to be able to test sometime late this week or weekend.

http://www.reelclassics.com/Actors/O%27Toole/impossibledream-lyrics.htm

Now all we need is a congestion aware metric.....
/me ducks

SKYPE: davetaht
http://ronsravings.blogspot.com/