[Babel-users] Communication broken on reboot/interface restart

Jeremy DIERX j.dierx at microfilms.fr
Thu Dec 19 10:08:34 UTC 2013

Thank you Gabriel for your attentions.

Le jeudi 19 décembre 2013 à 09:00 +0000, Gabriel Kerneis a écrit :
> How do you define first boot vs. reboot?  How do you manage to make it work
> again after a reboot (reboot again? then what is different this time?).
> If you are using automated scripts on boot, you should log their output to a
> file and send the full log to this list (or just check yourself what is
> different between each run).

For test and debug I do it manually.
After boot for both Rpi and server, I do :

ip link set eth0 down && ip link set eth0 up
ip link show ra0
ip addr add 192.168.13.x dev ra0
iwconfig ra0 mode Ad-Hoc channel 48 essid "redmesh13"
babeld -d 3 -w ra0

When I shutdown one interface, I do :
ip link set eth0 down

Then restart :
ip link set eth0 up
iwconfig ra0 mode Ad-Hoc channel 48 essid "redmesh13"
babeld -d 3 -w ra0

The communication is broken (no ping) although babel seems to be ok
(from babelweb and babeld debug).

Jeremy

--
Jérémy Dierx