[Babel-users] AHCP and yo-yo interfaces [was: Babel for use in a dense...]

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste.jonglez at ens-lyon.fr
Mon Jul 1 09:56:50 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 09:01:30PM +0200, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> If you want to try your hand at fixing it, it's check_network in
> ahcpd.c.  Note that the natural solution is racy (an interface could
> go down-up before ahcpd notices), and the right solution is quite
> a bit of work (it would require monitoring interfaces through netlink,
> yuck).

While we're at it, I believe there are a number of ways to improve
ahcpd, most notably:

- allow to configure everything from the configuration file, the way
  it is now done with babeld;

- if the server's own addresses intersect with the distributed
  prefixes, don't attribute them to someone else.  It's not that easy
  to implement (maybe also through netlink? Does it allow to monitor
  addresses being added/deleted?);

- read a configuration file by default without having to specify a
  "-c" option, the way it is done with babeld.

It looks like something to keep for the upcoming Babel hackathon,
isn't it?

(and sorry for hijacking the discussion)