[Babel-users] Config file syntax changes

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Thu Jun 13 01:39:06 UTC 2013

> >   default split-horizon false
> >   interface eth0 split-horizon true

> Does the order matter?  In other words, is the above equivalent to:
>
>    interface eth0 split-horizon true
>    default split-horizon false

All "interface" statements take priority over all "default"
statements, so in this particular case order doesn't matter.  (The
initial plan was that a default statement would only apply to later
interface statements, which would have been easier to implement, but
Matthieu and Baptiste both argued that it's counter-intuitive.)

> > you can now put the option in the config file
> >
> >   option kernel-priority 42

> Openwrt-style,

Nah, that's a real LL(1) parser, not a dodgy shell hack.

> >   babeld -C 'option kernel-priority 42' eth0
>
> I assume -C is also usable for defaults?

> babeld -C 'default split-horizon false' -C 'interface eth0 split-horizon true'

Yes, any -C options are merged with the config file (and take priority
over the latter).

--jch