[Babel-users] babel + ospf quagga

Matthieu Boutier boutier at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Jun 18 09:26:09 UTC 2013

> Babel doesn't advertise the ipv4 routes, only the ipv6 routes are advertised.

> Can anybody help me, please?

Yes !

> What could be the problem?

I suppose you're using this time the quagga's babeld, on the Gabriel's advice. But I also suppose that you're using the "regular" (Paul Jakma) version.

It's a bug : you probably do all right. You should use this one, which works better (at least with babeld) :
	https://github.com/Quagga-RE/quagga-RE

> When I look into the packets using wireshark, I see that only the ipv6 prefixes are announced.

If you like reading code, you can compare the lib/distribute.c files. In quagga-re, it can hold both v4 and v6, but not in quagga-normal.

Hope it will works well now !

Matthieu