[Babel-users] RTT-aware branch of Babel

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 23:31:40 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> Whats your experience how stable the RTT of a wireless link is?
>
> This is not designed for wireless.  It's designed to distinguish
> a local Ethernet from a tunnel that goes through Tokyo.

I am curious as to what you are using for tunneling software? I could
export some routes from my labs in california...

> We're averaging the RTT on scales on the order of *minutes*, and
> considering everything that's below 20ms as equally good.
> A completely different algorithm would be needed in order to detect
> latency induced by ARQ or by congestion.

K. Still a very interesting approach. It might make sense to accept
rtt values in the configuration file in us rather than ms for future
proofing.