[Babel-users] tunnelling babeld

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 30 17:38:02 UTC 2013

1) I started fiddling with the rtt branch, but ran into trouble
tunneling things. Using hurricane 6in4 to get me out from the lab
(which works), then trying to tunnel through that - using the ip6ip6
method - to a host elsewhere
(so there are 2 layers of encapsulation),  I'd end up where one
direction or the other would tunnel multicast
(one side saw hellos and sent ihu packets, the other saw nothing)

This isn't a babel problem obviously and I'd figure I'm possibly
running into the multiple tables problem in openwrt.

So I figure that the "right" way to get a tunnel going is use
something over raw udp like gre?

ip6ip6 does create fe80:: addresses on both sides.

2) the quagga-re method for trying to filter out ipv4 routes from the
export described here last month doesn't work. (creating an ipv4
access list with deny in it and applying it to the natted gateway
still exports the routes)

I will simplify (using the current babeld daemon on both ends) and fiddle more.

3) script on the one side (the script on the other is the opposite).
The ipv6 connectivity works...

#!/bin/sh

SERVER=2001:4f8:3:203::13
LOCAL=2001:470:8236:3600::2
IFACE=eth2

ip link set dev work down

ip -6 tunnel del work6
ip -6 tunnel add work6 mode ip6ip6 remote $SERVER local $LOCAL dev $IFACE
ip link set dev work6 up mtu 1280
ip -6 addr add 2001:470:8236:bab9::2/128 dev work6
ip -6 route add 2001:470:fff8:bab9::1/128 dev work6