[Babel-users] AHCP and yo-yo interfaces [was: Babel for use in a dense...]

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sun Jun 30 19:01:30 UTC 2013

> By the way, Juliusz, I believe that ahcpd does not reassign an
> address to the interface when it goes up again, but I've had a hard
> time reproducing the issue.  Is it a case it should handle correctly
> in theory, or a shortcoming of the implementation?

Confirmed.  Ahcpd doesn't monitor interfaces that go down, it only
checks for interfaces getting renumbered.

If you want to try your hand at fixing it, it's check_network in
ahcpd.c.  Note that the natural solution is racy (an interface could
go down-up before ahcpd notices), and the right solution is quite
a bit of work (it would require monitoring interfaces through netlink,
yuck).