[Babel-users] Source-specific routes [was: atomic updates...]

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sun May 5 20:05:52 UTC 2013

> It's not ECMP for ipv6 I'm looking to see solved for multiple routing
> protocols, but the multiple ipv6 prefixes/multiple exits source
> routing problem.

As you well know, Dave, we've been working on that for the last
fortnight or so.

We've run into a limitation of the kernel:

  http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg235316.html

Unfortunately, I've had no reply to my question:

  http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg235346.html

So it looks like we're going to have to dynamically generate rule
table entries... sigh.

> The homenet folk demonstrated this form of ipv6 multihoming working
> (using a version of OSPF and BIRD, I believe) at the last ietf.

That is interesting.  Would you happen to know how they're interfacing
with the kernel?  Or perhaps have a link to their code?