[Babel-users] Source-sensitive packet's format

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Jul 1 22:31:17 UTC 2014

> (I am concerned about mis-parsing stuff),

Don't worry too much, it's bad for your complexion.  This is a distance
vector protocol, if we mis-parse something, you'll get an extra route in
your routing table, which will timeout within seconds.

A more serious potential problem is that when Babel fails to parse
a (known) TLV, it discards the rest of the packet.  That's because some
TLVs set state that is relevant to the rest of the packet.  But I don't
think it'll matter much.

We'll keep your concerns in mind, Dave, when we write the parser for the
new TLV, we'll do our best to make it even more fascist than usual.

> I'd prefer it be a rusting Ford XB Falcon , but...

Hmm... That's the car in Starsky and Hutch?