[Babel-users] killing myself with a configuration error

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Jul 2 16:58:59 UTC 2014

> I was kind of hoping to be rid of most of P2P announcements also...

What do you mean by P2P?  Everything's P2P in Babel.  (We don't do
centralised protocols here at Babel Towers.)

If you mean the host routes (/32 and /128), you can say

  redistribute local deny

to get rid of them.  (You could also read babeld's manual page, I guess.)

> The results were "interesting". Babel ran amuck, eating nearly all the
> cpu, flooding the network, and having the following ill effects:

Okay, that's interesting indeed.  You apparently managed to get babeld
into a feedback loop, and the token bucket prevented it from flooding your
network.  (We care about the integrity of your network here at Babel Towers.)

Could you please send the full configuration?  I.e. babeld's command line
in full, together with any files mentioned on the command line, including
the files generated by UCI, if any.