[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: important babels update.

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Jul 5 20:05:56 UTC 2014

> Yes, it's not a mistake.  The Idea is that you will sort your TLVs by
> lexicographic (dst, src) in a Babel packet.

I can do better than that.  The plan is that only destinations can set the
cached prefix, but both sources and destination can use the cached prefix.

> - destinations in our local network are probably /128 which are not
> source specific.

Suppose my network has prefixes 2001:bad:c0ff:ee::/64 and 2001:0dd:f00d:1/64.
Then I'll see:

 1. >64 routes towards both prefixes, typically /128;
 2. default routes from both /64.

If I place the source-specific after the right /128, I can compress the
source prefix.

> Since we have sorted the message by lexicographic (dst, src),

Sorting of prefixes is an implementation detail.  We can be as smart as we
want about sorting.