[Babel-users] Investigating a babeld crash on OpenWRT

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste.jonglez at ens-lyon.fr
Sun Jul 13 10:12:33 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 11:44:50AM +0200, err404 wrote:
> On 07/13/2014 07:09 AM, Baptiste Jonglez wrote:
> > Hi,

> > Could this be a race condition when manipulating kernel routes?  How can I
> > debug things if this happens again?  I'd love to run babeld with "-d 2",
> > but there would not be enough space to store all these logs.
> >

> hello Baptiste
> you can add ext_rootfs (or only external storage) on your OpenWrt?
>
> http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/howto/extroot

Unfortunately, I don't have physical access to this router at the moment.

But your off-list suggestion was extremely helpful!  I am now running
babeld with -d 2, in the foreground, simply printing the log to stdout
instead of a file.  Since this runs inside tmux, the last 2000 lines of
log should still be there if babeld ever crashes again.

Thanks,
Baptiste