[Babel-users] Source-sensitive packet's format

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Mon Jun 30 14:27:10 UTC 2014

Matthieu Boutier wrote:

> Here is the source-sensitive packet's format I used in my implementation.

Folks, we're hoping to declare the packet format frozen, so please
double-check we didn't do anything stupid.

Note that there's a good reason why we're using three new TLV types rather
than a sub-TLV within the existing TLVs -- it's for compatibility with
plain Babel routers.  The way we do it, existing routers will silently
ignore the whole new TLV, while with a sub-TLV, existing routers would
discard the unknown sub-TLV and hence mis-interpret the rest of the TLV.

Please see

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-chroboczek-babel-extension-mechanism-00#section-2.2

for more information on this particular subject.