[Babel-users] tunnel congestion control as routing metrics ? [was: Re: Delay-based routing]

Leen Besselink leen at consolejunkie.net
Fri Mar 7 07:20:46 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 11:21:10PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> >>   Baptiste Jonglez, Matthieu Boutier and Juliusz Chroboczek.
> >>   A delay-based routing metric.  Submitted for publication.  2014.
>
> > Is this revision different from that posted a few months ago?
>
> It's pretty much completely rewritten.  The other one was Baptiste's
> internship report.  This one is a conference paper.
>
> Since you've read Baptiste's original report, you'll probably want to
> look at the introduction, the related work part, the part about hysteresis,
> the part about accuracy and clock skew, and the further work part at the end.
> (The bit about "one researcher" is about Dave, of course.)

Hi,

So I have a question:

Has anybody considered using DCCP for the tunnel protocol and using information
from the congestion control algorithm as a routing metric ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datagram_Congestion_Control_Protocol

For example there is VXLAN which uses UDP, I can imagine replacing UDP with DCCP
so the tunnel can have congestion control.

When the tunnel has congestion control you might be able to use that as a routing metric, right ?

It sounds to me like that might be possible.

Have a good day,
	Leen.