[Babel-users] recent progress with the authentication I-D

Denis Ovsienko infrastation at yandex.ru
Mon May 5 09:56:23 UTC 2014

List,

below is a short summary of changes to the Babel HMAC authentication I-D since the last announce:

2013-11-19  05 -> 06
-------------------
1. In an additional paragraph state that other authentication mechanisms besides HMAC are possible in theory, including those in which HMAC is just a particular case.
2. Refine the paragraph about Rx optimization.

2014-03-03  06 -> 07
-------------------
1. Add a paragraph about key expiry.

2014-03-21  07 -> 08
-------------------
1. Add a reference to OSPF3-AUTH-BIS.
2. Minor updates to the Implementation Status.
3. Some spelling fixes.
4. Fix Interval TLV decoding (1/100s).
5. Improve a reference to event logging.

2014-04-18  08 -> 09
1. Add references to RFC7183 and RFC7186.
2. Specify the TLV lenght being in octets.
3. Add provisions for protection from reflection attacks.
4. Review considerations on replay attacks.
5. Add considerations on reflection attacks.

--
    Denis Ovsienko