[Babel-users] Babel todo list [was: RTT-based metric merged]

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue May 20 12:55:39 UTC 2014

> Now that the Timestamp TLV encoding is stable it may be a good time
> to finish the tcpdump decoder for it:
> https://github.com/the-tcpdump-group/tcpdump/pull/371

Yeah.  Here's my current todo list:

  1.  publish extension draft as RFC;

  2a. publish RTT draft (as draft);
  2b. tcpdump for RTT;
  2c. merge RTT into Quagga-RE;

  3a. merge source-specific;
  3b. write source-specific draft;
  3c. add source-specific to tcpdump.

The above are the things for which the plan is clear.  There are to
issues that are less clear right now.

  I.   Source-specific in Quagga-RE?  Olden Fabre will be working on
       source-specific routing in Quagga this summer, if he's successful
       merging babels should be trivial.

  II.  Merge Denis' MAC-based authentication into babeld, or make an
       independent implementation?

  III. Change the local interface to allow run-time reconfiguration?
       The nexedi people are clamouring for a way to gracefully shut
       down a tunnel.  (I'm trying to tell them that they're doing it
       wrong -- they should be downing the interface, which would do
       the right thing automatically -- but that's apparently inconve-
       nient for them.)