[Babel-users] wireshark support for babelz, rtt, subtlvs, timestamps, tspc, hmac, and source specific tlvs

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 08:10:23 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:55 PM, Denis Ovsienko <denis at ovsienko.info> wrote:
> ---- On Tue, 07 Apr 2015 03:33:30 +0100 Dave Taht  wrote ----
>>is there an out of tree patch for any of these already existing?
>>
>>The last public commit to the babel portion of wireshark was quite
>>some time ago.
>>
>>I can put it on my todo list. Looks straighforward to add the
>>additional encodings from the
>>RFC.
>
> Hi Dave.
>
> For Wireshark somebody would need to do this work. If you need a result quickly, a recent build of tcpdump can decode everything you mention except the source-specific bits, and its footprint is more friendly for small router flash memory.

Thx. Did a git pull, looks helpful to have all that other stuff
already done. Thanks for doing it! I will try (when I have time and
others are very welcome to beat me to it!) to get the rest in for both
tcpdump and wireshark.

Side note: A "feature" that I would like is the ability to only accept
authenticated default routes. Could that be done in a topology like
this:

gw - routerA-withauth - routerB - routerC - routerD-wantsauth

?