[Babel-users] the routing atomic update wet paint - because *I* care

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Apr 7 10:41:45 UTC 2015

Sorry for the self-reply.  That's what you get when you send e-mail at the
first crack of noon.

>> What about putting multiple netlink messages in one datagram?
>> Will perhaps do that. :-)
>>
>> Remark: error handling become more tricky -- but for just 2 messages it
>> should be fine.

> Do you think that the current netlink code is too simple?  (I'm seeing
> Grégoire Henry today, he's the original author of Babel's netlink code,
> I'm sure he'll be surprised.)
>
> Please do not make this code more complex without experimental evidence
> that it's needed.

On the other hand, writing a patch to do atomic updates is exactly what's
needed in order to gather said experimental data.  So I'll be very
grateful if somebody produces said patch, on the understanding that
I might decide not to apply it to mainline.