[Babel-users] the routing atomic update wet paint - because *I* care

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 14:04:22 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 3:57 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Interface index is not a problem... metric-change is.
>
> I am sorry, I do not understand, once again.

If the route has the same destination and metric, you will overwrite
it with an atomic update, regardless of the outgoing interface.

So you can use atomic updates to switch a route to a different interface.

You cannot do so to change the metric value of the route.

At least that was (I think) the state with kernel 3.18/3.19

Henning