[Babel-users] more wet paint - babel unicast IHU for short-rtt path optimization

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Tue Apr 7 20:52:57 UTC 2015

> A timestamp is not defined for updates, presently.

No.  Only Hellos are timestamped, and no unicast Hello is defined currently.
(IHUs carry timestamp echos.)

> Do you fragment?

We don't need to -- the largest possible update is on the order of 100 octets,
and we assume that we can send 512 octets without fragmentation.

> Would an IHU be bundled with an update?

It could be, but unless it's bundled with a Hello, an IHU's timestamp echo
is ignored (read Jonglez-Boutier-Chroboczek again to see why).  And Hellos
cannot be unicast.