[Babel-users] Specifying the routing table of exported routes

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Aug 26 22:49:04 UTC 2015

> Then we can have the following order of routing tables on routers:
>
> babel
> olsr
> babel_default
> olsr_default

Mitar,

I'll be glad to implement the hack that you require, but let's please
think whether we can manage to avoid it.  What's wrong with putting both
OLSR and Babel routes into a single table, and using a higher kernel
priority for OLSR routes?  If you do that, the most-specific rule will
cause host routes to be preferred to default routes, and the kernel
priority will be used to prefer routes from one routing protocol to the
ones from the other when they have equal specificity.

Babeld's kernel priority can be tuned using the "kernel-priority" config
file directive.  I have no idea whether something similar can be done with
olsrd.  Henning?