[Babel-users] Babel instability in WLAN-SI

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:17:55 UTC 2015

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 5:01 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> Yes, this is probably due to the use of some Ubiquity L2 bridges. We
>> will look into that.
>
> Please don't underestimate this issue.  I'm willing to bet that this is
> the root cause of all the trouble you're seeing -- both the high CPU usage
> and the high control traffic.

I agree,

layer-2 bridges in a layer-3 routed mesh can do interesting things...
even if you are careful not to build loops. ;)

I remember a case in Vienna where an Olsr daemon was its own neighbor,
because (over a bridged connection) one of its 2.4 GHz neighbors
bridged everything to a 5 GHz interface the local node could hear.

That was quite confusing to debug.

Henning