[Babel-users] Detecting bridges

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 23:42:45 UTC 2015

Hi!

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>  3. find a way to make babeld less sensitive to links flapping in
>     non-redundant networks (it already behaves well when the flapping link
>     is redundant, but in a non-redundant topology it advertises every link
>     flap across the routing domain).

What about detecting that an ethernet link is flapping and in that
case it turns on link-quality measurement?

Because I think it is pretty uncommon for ethernet link to be coming
up and down. The main reason why Babel does not use link quality on
the ethernet link is that, arguably, failures on ethernet often means
a permanent failure and it is good to detect this quick. But if the
link is coming back soon afterwards and then again down and so on,
Babel should decide to instead go for packet loss? I think that would
be the best default.

Mitar

--
http://mitar.tnode.com/