[Babel-users] Some thoughts about Babel (feature requests)

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Thu Dec 17 11:26:18 UTC 2015

Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> writes:

> All of your requests are reasonable. (But please distinguish between
> Babel, which is a protocol, and babeld, which is just one of the
> available implementations of Babel. And not necessarily the bestest --
> Toke's implementation, while not quite ready yet, shows a lot of
> promise.)

Thanks for the kind words :)

FWIW, Bird supports dynamic configuration reload and even globbing in
the interface config, so this comes for free with the babel
implementation. However, while I plan to spend the time over the
holidays to get my patches in a state for another upstream submission,
there's a few more things needed for it to on feature parity with
babeld; the main sticking point is dual-stack operation, which depends
on Bird gaining this feature...

-Toke