[Babel-users] Some thoughts about Babel (feature requests)

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Fri Dec 18 10:13:25 UTC 2015

> We forked babeld and have included an ipc process which allows us to add
> and remove interfaces while babeld is running:
> github.com/sudomesh/babeld

Nice.

My plan is a little different: I want a text interface over the existing
TCP local interface, so that it's easily scriptable -- so that you can say
e.g.

  (echo 'add interface tun42'; echo 'quit') | nc ::1 33123

By the way, I haven't checked in detail, but it looks like you assume that
the client message arrives in a single read -- there's no such guarantee
on SOCK_STREAM sockets.