[Babel-users] Some thoughts about Babel (feature requests)

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 12:20:12 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Mitar <mmitar at gmail.com> wrote:
>> That sounds useful... I wrote something similar for olsrd2.
>>
>> Making this interface easily scriptable will allow all kinds of nice
>> integrations into firmware.
>
> Just a crazy idea. Could both OLSR2 and Babel share the same language
> on this interface? ;-)

Not sure... my interface is a direct connection to the configuration subsystem.

In fact "config files", "configuration parameters" and "runtime
changes" are the same API internally. Olsrd2 was built from the start
with runtime config changes in mind.

so you just say "set/remove section X key Y to value Z"... its a bit
more complicated (adding/removing sections, named sections) but not
much more.

Henning