[Babel-users] Some thoughts about Babel (feature requests)

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:37:46 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 9:29 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> Just a crazy idea. Could both OLSR2 and Babel share the same language
>> on this interface? ;-)
>
> Both Henning and I intend to reflect accurately the internal
> implementation details, many of which would be difficult to map to
> a common language.
>
> OTOH, it would certainly make sense to define a small set of common
> commands for those features that map naturally to both protocols -- adding
> interfaces being the obvious candidate.

At the moment the "Remotecontrol Plugin" (which allows setting the
configuration over telnet/http) uses the same syntax I use for command
line parsing.

There is a command called set... and it gets something like this for a
new parameter:

"--set interface[eth0]."

This adds an empty configuration section of type interface with the name eth0.

Henning