[Babel-users] Unable to ping, intermittent connectivity

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Jan 31 02:25:51 UTC 2015

> I am just the guy whose lap this landed on.

Enjoy the situation!  You've been tasked with an exciting project.

> I am at a loss as to why these nodes can clearly see each other and
> communicate enough to pass out addresses, but be unable to ping or do other
> kinds of communication.

1. Disable the firewall.  Perhaps the ping packets are being dropped at
   that level?

2. If that doesn't help, please post the output of

    route -n
    iptables -vnL
    ifconfig -a

There's no way we can debug you issue wiithout that information.