[Babel-users] Neighbours vs. Router-IDs [was: wanted to map the babel network]

Jernej Kos jernej at kos.mx
Sat Jun 13 20:32:36 UTC 2015

Hello!

Thanks for the thorough explanation!

On 13. 06. 2015 21:18, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> So how do you guess the Router-ID associated with a link-local address?
> Any route announced with a refmetric of 0 will carry the Router-ID
> you're looking for.  If there are no such routes, you're out of luck --
> if the router is not originating any routes, it's not announcing its
> Router-ID, and the information is simply not available.

Yeah, I read through the code and the protocol spec and also thought of
this way, but figured that it may not be the most reliable one in case
there are no exported routes.

So instead, I just collect link-layer addresses of all the nodes running
babeld and then match those with the neighbours reported by babeld.

Jernej