[Babel-users] rolling out babel-1.6 in a week or so

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 22:30:47 UTC 2015

if it isn't obvious, I am hoping to roll out babel-1.6 network wide
over the next few weeks before I depart for the eu in mid-july. Was
hopefully freezing this weekend.... (most of my headache has been
dnsmasq dnssec, and newer hardware)

Now... I see in the main git repo some nervous-making stuff around
"zone_equal"? should I apply that patch/push to openwrt?

part of the plan is to collect rtt timestamps (not *using* them for
metrics though, yet), to have 3 source specific gws in production
(rather than test), a pair of 8 port routers failing over to each
other, and a zillion other non-routing related things like ipv6 vs
ipv4 usage stats.

if there is any other data I should collect, let me know. (also
extensive wifi stats, smokeping, mrtg, and queue related stuff)

and then I go looking for the main babeld repo and spot this, which has socket
control of conf stuff...

http://git.erp5.org/repos/babeld.git

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast