[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.6.1

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 03:41:46 UTC 2015

I build this and configured it on three systems, no issues.

was about to attempt an openwrt build now that dnsmasq-2.73 has landed
also... where...

I did notice, in finally attempting to switch off of the old babels
package in openwrt to the new babel package updated for 1.6.1, that
there is no option in openwrt to enable diversity routing anymore. Is
this an intentional omission?

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Babeld-1.6.1 is available from
>

> http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/files/babeld-1.6.1.tar.gz
>
> http://www.pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr/~jch/software/files/babeld-1.6.1.tar.gz.asc
>
> This version fixes a buffer overflow which, while probably not
> exploitable, could in principle cause incorrect routing tables to be
> computed in the presence of source-specific routes.  The other
> user-visible change is that ipv6-subtrees will be used by default on Linux
> 3.11 and later.
>
> Please upgrade.
>
> -- Juliusz
>
> 16 June 2015: babeld-1.6.1.
>
>   * Fixed a buffer overflow in zone_equal.  This is probably not
>     exploitable, but might cause incorrect routing tables in the presence
>     of source-specific routing.
>   * Added support for defaulting ipv6-subtrees automatically based on the
>     kernel version.
>   * Fixed compilation under musl.

What will it take to vastly improve wifi for everyone?
https://plus.google.com/u/0/explore/makewififast