[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE: babeld-1.6.1

Gabriel Kerneis gabriel at kerneis.info
Wed Jun 17 21:00:58 UTC 2015

Le 17 juin 2015 19:24:18 CEST, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> a écrit :
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 1:28 AM, Gabriel Kerneis
> <gabriel at kerneis.info> wrote:
> > config general
> >     option diversity true
> >     option diversity_factor 128
> >
> > Please let me know if this doesn't work.
>
> 1) Thx. I will try. Wouldn't I want to use "3" here, instead of true?

man babeld,  grep diversity

> I realize (now) that the init script translates the whatever_whatever
> stuff into the babel command set, but it would be nice if the whole
> command set in openwrt was documented and commented out in the
> babeld.config file.

No. /etc/config/babeld refers explicitly to man babeld which should be your source of truth for options and default values.

https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/blob/master/babeld/files/babeld.config

> 2) Is there any reason why diversity should not default to true?

Nobody asked for it before. Juliusz?

> 4) I am also curious if an old configuration trick of mine could be
> overridden successfully with the new babel /tmp/babel.d/ configuration
> method?
>
> in /etc/babeld.conf
>
> out if wan ip 0.0.0.0/0 deny
> in if wan ip 0.0.0.0/0 deny
>
> then later in /tmp/babeld.d/100-yea-no-nat.conf
>
> out if wan ip 0.0.0.0/0 allow
> in if wan ip 0.0.0.0/0 allow

man babeld doesn't specify this case. Juliusz,  is only the first rule applied?

> My general assumption is not. In my case it is always safe to run
> babel over ipv6 on all interfaces, and sometimes not on ipv4. I am
> perfectly happy to just get a set of ipv6 routes first.

Best,

--
Gabriel