[Babel-users] Diversity routing in a many channeled world

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 18:55:32 UTC 2015

The "iw" package appears canonical, and BSD licensed, and uses
nl80211.h (exported from the linux kernel, also BSD licensed), and
it's 3 netlink calls to derive the channel and other info.

http://pastebin.com/JXqcLNfX

root at davedesk2:~# strace -f -v iw dev wlan0 info 2> netlink.txt
Interface wlan0
ifindex 13
wdev 0x2

addr 04:a1:51:a3:13:04
ssid davedesk2-test
type AP
wiphy 0
channel 11 (2462 MHz), width: 20 MHz, center1: 2462 MHz

Regrettably I don't have time to poke into this further this month, I
have musl breakages elsewhere (like snmp) to fix. Are we at a point
where I could just file a bug somewhere?