[Babel-users] Dave's wishlist [was: Source-specific routing merged]

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Tue Mar 17 14:50:41 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 01:36:13PM +0100, Henning Rogge wrote:

> >> Gabriel?
> >
> > Which vars are we talking about? I believe I added new ones whenever
> > necessary on each release (so obviously nothing yet for source routing, but
> > should be complete otherwise).
>
> I would suggest building a generic wrapper that converts UCI into
> babel configuration without knowing the names of the variables if
> possible. This way you don't need to change the openwrt scripts with
> every release.

This is actually already the case, see:

  https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/blob/master/babeld/files/babeld.config
  https://github.com/openwrt-routing/packages/tree/master/babeld/files/babeld.init

So, there will be no need to change anything for the new options
introduced in babeld 1.6.0.

Baptiste