[Babel-users] Mesh Network

Sahana k.srinivas sahana19793 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 03:27:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

Thank you for your response! :)

Outback Dingo : Here is The problem with details
Three routers r1 r2 r3 with ad-hoc and Access point are configured on wlan0
interface running on 2.4GHz
The configuration
router r1
adhoc mode : ssid "mesh"
                         ip: 192.168.1.1
                         subnet:255.255.255.0
access point: ssid  C1
                        ip 192.168.2.1
                        subnet 255.255.255.0
router r2
adhoc mode : ssid "mesh"
                         ip: 192.168.1.45
                         subnet:255.255.255.0
access point: ssid  C2
                        ip 192.168.2.45
                        subnet 255.255.255.0
router r1
adhoc mode : ssid "mesh"
                         ip: 192.168.1.75
                         subnet:255.255.255.0
access point: ssid  C1
                        ip 192.168.2.75
                        subnet 255.255.255.0

Im running Babel on three routers on wlan0 interface. I have disabled
firewall as of now. when laptop(not running babel) connects to R1 it cannot
access the routing table of babel i.e it cannot communicate with R2 and R3
also.
So could you please help me with this problem.And we want to do it without
having to install Babel on the clients! Because it wouldn't be feasible for
all the clients in our network to run Babel if they need to communicate
with other clients.

Juliusz Chroboczek : Yeah!! I realized that as soon as i sent the mail. And
immediately sent the corrections in the next mail!! :) Thank you :)

Henning Rogge : Yeah! one of my TeamMate sent the same mail on OLSR group.
Its because we are trying to implement three routing protocols on our
network and doing a comparative analysis of them as to which one suits best
for the topology considered.
We are stuck up with the client-to-client communication in all the three..
so trying to get help in all forums :) :)

Regards,
Sahana