[Babel-users] [homenet] T.M.S. proudly presents - Babel: the 2nd implementation

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 20:01:44 UTC 2015

I note that the only difference in quagga babeld vs babeld behavior
(aside from https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7298 )  that I could detect
at the last time I did major interoperability testing (I still have
quagga babel up at various points of my network however and can look
harder in the source specific case where I have had some issues in my
deployment - more likely something else )

was that quagga installed blackhole routes, while babel installed
unreachable routes, and I'd felt the latter was more correct. I don't
know if this issue was resolved in later versions.

babeld had more powerful route filtering, I'd had a case where I'd
wanted to distribute ipv6 but not ipv4 over an interface and couldn't
figure out how to do it right in quagga.