[Babel-users] Looping in EAGAIN

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 16:19:23 UTC 2015

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Juliusz Chroboczek
<jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:
>> Applied (with minor tweaks).  Thanks for the reminder.
>>
>> My larger point was that if EAGAIN happened on an interface going away,
>> then that was valuable information regarding the link that babel could use.
>
> Explain, please.

Say wlan0 vanishes. All the routes going out that interface are no longer valid,
but from what I understood of this patch, it will loop for a while,
then give up.

Not clear to me if this would happen for 4 hello intervals before the
interface is recognised as gone?

I have to go through the path again, but I don't know the other
circumstances under which EAGAIN would be asserted. Can do that today,
if you like.

> -- Juliusz

Let's make wifi fast, less jittery and reliable again!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/107942175615993706558/posts/TVX3o84jjmb