[Babel-users] Blackhole prevention

Jehan Tremback jehan.tremback at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 16:37:56 UTC 2016

Julius, at IETF we discussed some methods to prevent, or at least detect,
blackholes (with a "blackhole" being a node that claims to be a better
route for packets than it really is, regardless of whether it then drops
all traffic or not).

The solution I was thinking about involved taking a "link cost" from the
logs of traffic to a specific destination (over the whole route), and then
comparing it to the metric to that destination advertised by neighbors.

You had a different approach involving nodes signing their link cost
estimations. Can you expand on that for the list?

Thanks!

-Jehan