[Babel-users] babeld and systemd [was: babeld wishlist]

Baptiste Jonglez baptiste at bitsofnetworks.org
Fri Feb 12 13:47:21 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 01:21:49PM +0100, Juliusz Chroboczek wrote:
> > Is it possible to tell babeld *not* to write a PID file at all?
>
>   babeld -I ''

Thanks, that did the trick!  I have updated the service file to restart
babeld automatically in case of failure, if somebody is interested:

  https://aur.archlinux.org/cgit/aur.git/tree/babeld.service?h=babeld

One slightly annoying "feature" is that babeld will be restarted several
times if it exits with a non-zero code, for instance if there is a syntax
error in the configuration file.  I don't think it is such a big deal,
though.

Baptiste