[Babel-users] babeld and systemd [was: babeld wishlist]

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Mon Feb 15 14:51:39 UTC 2016

Juliusz Chroboczek <jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr> writes:

> Perhaps I'm confused, but are you trying to make it possible to run
> multiple instances of babeld?

Yes, exactly.

> Are your users actually clamoring for that feature?

My users being me in this case: yes. Basically this comes from using the
same boxes to run my production network (on a VPN), and doing
development and experimentation. So I have a separate Babel instance
tied to the VPN that is always running (on separate interface(s) and
separate config) and then one or more instances running on virtual or
sometimes another physical interface for experimentation. I don't mind
all the routes from the VPN being distributed into the experimental
daemon (via the kernel), but not vice versa (which I avoid by having a
fairly restrictive filtering on the VPN interface).

-Toke