[Babel-users] Verify ETX route metric

Henning Rogge hrogge at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:11:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

there are some ideas that third nodes who can overhear a link between
two other nodes can do some checking, but it is difficult to do and
only gives you a probabilistic chance to detect someone fooling
someone else.

Of course defending against this kind of "insider attacker" is
practically impossible unless you have a node-id based cryptographic
signature... otherwise the attacker can just spoof his identity.

Henning Rogge