[Babel-users] Possible changes to the Babel protocol

Mitar mmitar at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:26:16 UTC 2016

Hi!

I would be in favor of making an incompatible but improved version,
but against forking of current main codebase (and resources directed
in maintaining it). So in some way I would be that current main
codebase should also move to this new "major" version. I see it simply
from the open source project perspective as a new major (backwards
incompatible version). In addition, there should be a transition path
provided for networks with previous major version. For example, by
running both Babel versions in parallel (this might require using a
different port for a new version?).

Mitar

http://mitar.tnode.com/
https://twitter.com/mitar_m