[Babel-users] babel routing

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sun Oct 2 15:15:34 UTC 2016

> Hello, there's someone here perform encryption to hello packet and hello ihu
> in babel routing ?

Not to my knowledge.  Denis Ovsienko has implemented RFC 7298, which does
authentication, not encryption.

If you want to work on encrypting Babel traffic, I can see the following
solutions:

  - use a lower-layer protocol to encrypt all traffic, such as a VPN or
    WPA, as suggested by Jehan;
  - implement a suitable extension in Babel ;
  - modify Babel to use unicast for all traffic, and use DTLS.

Andri, repeating the same question multiple times will not get you better
detail what you're trying to do, and we'll see if we can help.

Regards,