[Babel-users] Non-neighbor metric computation

Jehan Tremback jehan.tremback at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 16:20:52 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

I'm doing some experiments. I would like to be able to give babeld an IP
address and have it send Hellos to the address (whether or not it is a
neighbor). I would also like to make sure that nodes are able to respond to
such non-neighbor Hellos with IHUs. I would then like to compute a metric
from these non-neighbor Hellos and IHUs, and see if it matches up to the
metric propagated by Babel for the address (if it is a source).

I'm still digging into the code to find out what I need to modify to do
this, but I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts on whether or not it is
likely that the metrics would match up.

- Jehan