[Babel-users] BabelWeb 2

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at irif.fr
Fri Jul 28 22:21:16 UTC 2017

> Nice. But the demo needs more routers :P

Too tired right now, sorry.  I need to set up FRR or BIRD to speak RIPng
to our Cisco, so the Babel network gets a default IPv6 route, and to set
up a few wireless routers in random places.

> Is it documented somewhere what information the interface needs from the
> routing daemon in case someone wanted to support it from another routing
> daemon (purely hypothetically speaking, of course ;))?

It needs to know, for each route:

  - the announced metric;
  - the computed metric;
  - the next hop;
  - the router-id.

It matches next-hops with router-ids by looking for routes with announced
metric being zero, so if your network doesn't have enough such routes, it
will not work very well.