[Babel-users] Running Babel exclusively on Ipv4

Milton Chang mingtai101 at gmail.com
Sun May 14 05:42:26 UTC 2017

I am testing the latest version of Babel 1.8.0 on Mac OS. It does not seem
to work for the IPv4 only environment. 224.0.0.111 was not recognized as an
Ipv6 multicast address and (therefore) there was no hello messages sent out.

We are going to run Babel on an overlay, with the underlying networks
strictly Ipv4. (The biggest cloud provider aliyun in China does not support
Ipv6). I am wondering if there is a trick to make it work under this
scenario.