[Babel-users] removal of old/stale routes from babel

Christof Schulze christof.schulze at gmx.net
Wed Feb 7 20:23:45 UTC 2018

Hello everyone,

I am using babel 1.8 in an experimental Freifunk network to hopefully
replace another mesh protocol.

There is a small test-network set up that consists of <10 nodes and that
has less than 10 concurrent users. Over time many devices have connected
and disconnected from this network. When connecting, host-routes are
placed in a routing-table. Those routes are re-distributed by babel.

It seems that routes are accumulating in this network. At the moment
there are well over 600 routes being distributed by babeld (echo dump
|nc ::1 babelport reveals 617 lines).

I am probably missing something essential here. How can I get rid of
old/unused routes in this scenario?

Regards

Christof

/\  against proprietary attachments