[Babel-users] ANNOUNCE - HMAC authentication for BABEL, new prototype

Weronika Kołodziejak weronika.kolodziejak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 14:58:20 BST 2018

Dear all,

Clara Dô, Juliusz Chroboczek and myself have just pushed our new work on
HMAC authentication using challenge TLV's for babeld to Github.

The code is available here:

https://github.com/wkolod/babeld branch hmac-challenge

The hmac branch is now obsolete.

The prototype has received almost no testing so every comment is
appreciated.

There are two limitations that we plan to fix soon:

- packet counter is global for now and not per interface (which may cause a
vulnerability if the same local address is reused on multiple interfaces);
- struct neighbour is created even if HMAC failed (which makes us
susceptible to memory exhaustion attacks).

Enjoy,

Clara Dô
Juliusz Chroboczek
Weronika Kolodziejak